Thursday, December 25, 2008

Guangxi Tour Day 5


On Day 5 morning, we visited Sevenstar Park. The park is named because of the seven peaks inside that resembles the form of the Big Dipper constellation.

Entrance of the Park

Flower Bridge that leads to the park . It is the oldest bridge in Guilin .





A simple question. Which one is male and which one is female? Its quite easy :)




This camel was huge! I think it was around 2 metres tall.





A hill that resembles a camel. Our guide says when former US President Bill Clinton visited this place in 1994 and took a picture here, sales of Camel brand ciggarettes went up during that period.



Our group picture with everyone inside except a family of four adults which didnt join us, or rather we "pang seh" them. From the pictures , you can see that not many young people would like to visit Guilin. Eh actually i would prefer to go Shanghai too. If not for the lack of response for the Xian/Shanghai trip, i would not have come here. Some weird fruits which i have never seen before.

List of Cannot-Dos in the park. See whether you can spot any spelling mistakes.



Later that afternoon, we went to Fubo Shan, which was one of the tourist attractions in Guilin.





Cave carvings which are around since the Song Dynasty (around 1000 years old)




At the top of Fubo Hill after a tiring 15 mins climb.



The water was quite clear. One can even see the bottom of the river.

Ancient door of a typical household

This banyan tree is already 1000 years old and is supported by 3 beams which are used to support the branches.

The Chinese really cant spell




An ancient gate in Guilin



A "good-luck" gate. The locals believe that passing through this opening will bring luck to one.



"LV" tiles. I was laughing when i saw these tiles at the restuarant when we were having dinner. I was thinking "Whats next? LV toilet bowls?'.

Sun-moon Pagodas

Resembles the ones at Chinese Garden. An interesting incident happened here. Two men tried to pick the pocket of a Singaporean from another tour group. I didnt notice them at first. It was my dad who alerted me about two guys standing suspiciously behind the Singaporean guy. We had just finished taking our photos and were standing behind the crowd. One of them almost reached for his bag but he stopped when he saw both of us staring at him. So becareful when travelling overseas and take care of your belongings because such things will happen.


Zhengyang Street. One of the shopping areas in Guilin. It was here that i ate my first western meal in China. I was craving for fast food constantly as i wasnt used to the food over there. I bought a Zinger meal from a KFC outlet over there.

Interior of the shopping mall

I walked the entire shopping belt and end up not buying anything except for foodstuff. I dont know about other cities but the clothes sold in Guilin are 10 years in terms of fashion sense behind Singapore.


Their night market

A candy stall selling lollipops and sweets. I wanted to buy a Hello Kitty one for Xiang Jun, but didnt know whether it can last until i reached Singapore. In the end i gave up the idea.
Roasted Chestnut. (1 Jin = 600gm).

A river which was near our hotel

No comments: