Sunday, July 26, 2009

IPPT - Old Already

Did my Ippt unexpectedly on Sat. When i puit my tag on the shuttle run machine, it showed "Cat Y". It stuck me suddenly that i was not young anymore. Hm I manage to get back what I have for the past two years. But my chinup drop 1 to 11. Eh this time round, didnt managed to come in first for the run. Was abit disappointed even though i was on the last detail to run and right knee giving me problems recently. Manage to overtake everyone except the 9:48 guy. When i hit the finished line, he came over to congratulate me on the 9:24 timing that i got. I was like " Uh ok, I dont even know you". But i did shook his hand la. Afterall, people are nice enough to talk to you. Must give some face.

I think i do take pride in my running but not till the extend of really being that proud of it. Because i know that that is attain at the expense of my studies to some extend. Its not that i neglect my studies totally, but what i am putting in for my studies its like 70-80% of the maximum effort that i could have achieved. Without those training at the gym and weekly runs, i might get a couple more dists for my results. But i feel personally that those couple of dists do matter, but at the same time i am afraid of the laziness and sloth that sets in if i put on that couple of pounds. I was heavy some time back and i know that i wasnt that alert and hardworking due to my weight then. Hm do really cherish the "fresh" and "energetic" feeling that i am experiencing currently. So when people exclaim "Wow , you run so fast!" or whatever positive remarks that comes along with it, I just brush it aside. Hm i guess they dont really understand the heavy price i paid for attaining that. Afterall , i feel running sub 10 is nothing if you put in the effort to train. But running sub 9 is entirely another different thing. I do feel alarmed that friends having good grades in school are now having difficulties getting their dream jobs. Think its time to buck up abit more to ensure that the remaining two are decent enough to secure my own at the end of the year.

No comments: