Sunday, April 12, 2009

Current Thoughts - Some ranting

Went out with two friends on the pretext of revision for the exams. In the end , we ended up chatting with one another. We then came to a person whom we thought was trying to impress people at the expense of us. I really dont undertstand why some people have to step on friends to get what they want. I am really quite confuse now, not knowing whether to treat this person as a friend or stay away from him/her (sorry have to keep the identity a secret coz i might be wrong about him/her unless i have concrete evidence).

I will treat every person that i know as a normal friend and use incidents with that person to gauge whether he/she is a person who will really be a true friend to me. I cant possibly treat everyone equally. Like for instance the Ubin trip, i really found Eugene to be a friend that you can rely on in times of need. Coz he was the one who act the fastest when jeanette fell due to the wild boars. I dont know how others would think but usually i will try to put myself in that person's position if i am having a different perspective from him/her.

I guess one thing bad about me is that i dont know how to say nice things about others when i am in front of them. Usually i will keep those positive thoughts of my friends to myself. I will only tease them or remind them their weaknesses or bad things as i feel that if you want your friend to improve, you should let them know their weak points. There is no point making them feel important and letting them rot and not improve themselves. Thats not my way of doing things.

Maybe there are some things which some of my friends dont even know. I was once a difficult person to get along and had a terrible temper. I came to SIM telling myself that if i am going to continue being like that, i wont have anymore friends left. I was quite devastated when i lost two of my army friends after sem 2. During NS , we were quite close to one another and will always hang out together when we booked out. There are times that i really feel like patching up with them but then my ego always comes into place. Everytime i see them, i feel sad and angry at the same time. Being upset is bacause i dont understand why lies have to be told to me. Due to that incident, i kind of lost contact with the rest of the guys from my platoon. Sometimes , i really wonder whether do i fail as a friend to others.

Haiz i really dont know what to do. What if this person ends up like charleston? I dont want to lose another friend anymore. Or am i holding on to a friendship that i must eventually let go?

No comments: